What You have Bared

What do I do

With what you just shared?

I hope that you know

How much I have cared.

The things that they did

To hurt my dear friend

Things that I hope

I can now help you mend.

I want to be courageous

To be your backbone

Don't want you to feel

Like you are ever alone.

By each other's side

We can rise above

As two become one

I will show you real love.

Stronger Together..

We will always be

Braver Together..

Because you have me. 

I have you my friend

and if you let me, your heart

I will protect it

From those that tore it apart.

What will I do

With all that you have bared?

I will shield you

Your heart forever spared.

I will heal you

With a heart full of love

Be gentle with you

Like a kitten glove.

I will show you

How strong you really are

Oh my dear

You have already come so far.

What do I do

With what you just shared?

I will surround you with love

For I have always cared.


Poetry Written By:


Eryn Dunbar





Comments

C M Adams-Facebook said…
That is a beautiful verse. You inspired me to combine thoughts from our convo and your poems to inflict the following on you. (Don’t worry, my last effort of the week!)

CRICKETS
I feel the quiet of this old place
I feel the comfort of the silent embrace.
I see your beauty in my mind and miss your sweet love, once again.

Then I hear crickets, playing our song! I wonder if you're listening to a cricket song, too, or are you listening to a different backyard zoo?

Maybe an owl is hootin' in your tree, singing you a love song especially from me.
But I'm listening to crickets, they're serenading me. They're playing our love song, out under the tree. I send you love in their sweet tune, I feel your love as we gaze at that old moon.

We're so many miles apart but crickets have brought us heart to heart.
The midnight hour and I miss your face, but the moon's soft glow will have to take your place.
And I hear crickets! They sing that I love you. And I hear crickets! They're singing just for you, Mmm...listen to the crickets, they say that I Love You.

[Her phone rings ands she answers with a soft "Hello? ... Hello?" Then she hears them, the crickets, singing her love song. She smiles, cradles her phone against her cheek and listens to her cricket symphony as an owl hoots across the meadow.]
Eryona Writes! said…
I love all of your efforts. You are effortless. You should honestly give me something of yours to publish on my Blog. I have no doubt that you would have quite the following! P.S. This was beautiful!!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful, your words make me feel things I have not in a long time. Thank you
Eryona Writes! said…
No, thank you! THIS is exactly what I want to happen. For my poetry to actually touch someone and reach them on a deeper level. So really...Thank You
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful passage. You write with your heart ♥️ and convey with your soul. I love it
Anonymous said…
Nowadays it's meaningfulness to be understood.
Eryona Writes! said…
Wow....thank you for this beautiful comment. I love it!
Justice13james said…
Not many can take pain and paint beautifully, standing strong
Yet sensitive and caring each page shines brighter through your eyes
Eryona Writes! said…
Wow, JJ...once again I am beyond flattered by what you have to say...Thank You!

Popular posts from this blog

FOOL'S GOLD

THE TRUTH OF LOVE

THE WEIGHT OF GUILT