The Healer

I'm a healer. Full of color and Sight.

Trying to help. But I'm not always right.

I am broken. I don't need to be saved.

I helped myself out. I'm no longer enslaved.

I am restless. That's why I moved on.

Made up my mind. So glad that I'm gone.

I trust no one. I am at a conjunction.

Fixed myself up. I will make myself function.

I have called out. I need to be heard.

But look in my eyes. I won't utter a word.

All the insults. The lies that were told.

Rescued myself. I broke their hold.

I am blessed now. I took back my life.

Reclaimed my happiness. Ending their strife.

Have a future. I now heal my own pain.

Holding on tight. I now dance in the rain.

I am safe now. I will always uplift.

I'm a healer. Now growing my gift.


Poetry Written By:


Eryn Dunbar




Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice
Eryona Writes! said…
Thank you for saying so! I am so glad you enjoyed The Healer!
Anonymous said…
Beautifully written. It shows so much strength and self awareness.
Eryona Writes! said…
Thank you, Anonymous! Yes, you captured it perfectly! This poem is about your own strength and self reliance. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for understanding!
Anonymous said…
I follow you on multiple platforms and am glad to do so…
I see your passion
I see your pain
I see your struggle and what you have gained
I see you are growing in your land down south
I see you are thriving in the land of our peoples
Keep growing, writing, and enjoy the freedom of your life.
-A fan!
Eryona Writes! said…
WOW! I am blown away by what you just shared with me! First of all, thank you for following me on my journey, across all of the different platforms. Secondly, I truly value you. Third, I believe you might just have a poet's heart yourself and last but not least...Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for showing me such kindness. Love, Light and Happiness Eryn
Hank said…
Awesome...No matter how how dark the night is..Always look for the light at the end of the tunnel..It's there, sometimes in many different forms...😉
Eryona Writes! said…
Thank you for your feedback, Hank. I truly loved what you had to say!
Anonymous said…
you are a gem
Eryona Writes! said…
Well then you are the ring holding me protectively!

Popular posts from this blog

FOOL'S GOLD

THE TRUTH OF LOVE

THE WEIGHT OF GUILT