I OFFERED MY HEART

Written September 22, 1993

I OFFERED MY HEART


I know I hurt you, when I left angry that day

But when I came back, you turned away

I offered my heart, and you said we would last

But you changed your mind, because of our past

Now you've found another, and I'm all alone

I wouldn't have come back, if I had just known...

Your feelings have changed, but mine are still strong

I want you to love me, though I know that it's wrong

But you hurt my feelings, when you didn't call

I have only our memories, but I still want it all

I offered my heart, and you said that you'd stay

Now this is my pain, because you walked away


Poetry Written By:

Eryn Dunbar 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STUMBLING THROUGH THE DARK

A LOVE WORTH WRITING ABOUT

OUR ENDLESS LOVE